Happy OTH Wednesday!!! And such a happy day it is!! Not only is it an OTH day, it is also my dear friend Jenna’s birthday!! And not just ANY birthday!! It’s her 23rd!!!!! I wish I had happier episodes to share on her special day but I do think it’s appropriate that Jimmy Eat World’s song “23″ makes it’s first appearance within this group. Be sure to find her on twitter (@Jennabeans24) and send her happy birthday wishes. LOVE YOU JENNA!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
2×07 – “Let the Reigns Go Loose”
Overview: The opening of Tric creates drama and an opportunity for dreams come true.
- “Can I be honest with you Dan? You’re creeping everybody out.” I love Karen.
- Nathan going to visit Whitey in the hospital to talk to him about High Flyers is adorable. I still don’t understand how him going to camp would prevent Haley from pursuing music but it’s sweet just the same.
- LMFAO at Keith’s face when he sees that Andy bought Lucas a little kid’s shirt. And then Andy calls him “Little Lucas.” Hilarious.
- Aaaaaaaand Nathan meets Chris Keller for the first time. Then gives him the first of many “I am going to kill you,” glares without Chris Keller even noticing.
- Tric’s opening night gives me SO MANY FINALE FEELINGS. It makes my heart ache.
- Oh Karen. “Free round on the house… of juice!”
- Nathan’s Haley pride is just OVERWHELMING. My heart can’t take it. I want to SQUEEZE HIM.
- I feel bad for Brooke and what she’s going through but I feel worse for Mouth. He deserves better.
- Have I mentioned how much I hate Felix & Anna? I feel that it’s worth repeating. Blech.
- I love that Nathan is already giving Chris Keller the shifty eyes, even before Chris Keller opens his mouth about everyone wanting to screw Haley. He’s no dummy.
Best Bit: Haley’s first public performance and the look on Nathan’s face as he watches her on stage. Her happy little smile when everyone starts clapping? Beyond wonderful. And I could listen to Joy’s voice forever.
Ugh! Moment: Nathan laying in bed in the middle of the night, wondering where Haley is. I can feel his anxiety and I don’t like it.
Fave Quote: Chris (to Nathan): “You have any idea how many guys in the room wanna nail your wife right now?”
On My iPod: “Alive and Amplified” by The Mooney Suzuki
2×08 – “The Truth, Bitter Truth”
Overview: Nathan and Lucas take a road trip with a dual purpose and the girls have a slumber party where the secrets come pouring out.
- Nathan and Haley cannot be any effin cuter. “It’s our first night apart since we got married.” GAH. I just love them more than words.
- Brooke is so gross sometimes. I would KILL anyone who had sex in my marital bed. KILL. With weapons.
- I know that it’s bad for Haley to be working with Chris Keller behind Nathan’s back but they sound so damn good together.
- I get tears in my eyes watching Nathan and Lucas watch that basketball game. Y’all know why. “That could be you some day.” SO MANY FEELS!!!!!!
- I’m glad that Haley knows that lying to Nathan is dumb. She should also know that Nathan wants for what her whatever she wants for herself. It makes me sad that she doesn’t see that.
- I cannot handle the way Nathan talks about Haley. “Basketball was the most important thing to me. Now Haley is.” His love for her is SO HUGE. Just thinking about it is enough to make my heart explode.
- That slumber party would be perfect. Perfect for bonding, a perfect memory. There’s even a pillow fight! If only Anna weren’t there. Ugh.
- Nathan and Lucas are so adorable on their road trip. And that SONG? So funny. When they sing along I DIE!!!!! Love me some Scott brother love.
Best Bit: Haley, Brooke and Peyton all screaming at each other over each of their respective wrongs. It’s pure comedy. Especially when Haley rips off Brooke’s nose strip and Peyton squeals. HILARIOUS!
Ugh! Moment: When Haley lies to Nathan about working with Chris Keller. Absolutely NOTHING GOOD will come of this.
Fave Quote: Peyton: “Okay. How wasted does one have to be to go home with one shoe? It’s like, at what point do you look down at your foot and say hmmm… ?”
Biggest Question: What would you do? Have the HCM test or not?
On My iPod: “When The Stars Go Blue” by Bethany Joy Lenz and Tyler Hilton & “Every Ship Must Sail Away” by Blue Merle
2×09 – “The The Trick Is To Keep Breathing”
Overview: It’s the night of the Tree Hill High Formal and a lot of kept secrets will find their way onto the dance floor.
- I swear I cannot stop my eyes from rolling every single time Felix talks. He is RIDICULOUS!
- Can’t help but kind of implicate Peyton in this Haley & Chris Keller mess. She insists that they play, right away, and doesn’t say anything when Chris Keller says that rehearsal might dip into the Formal. RUDE.
- I can’t handle Nathan’s face or his whine/yell. “Hales!?” When Haley tells him that she has to be late to the formal. His heart is already breaking. I don’t like it.
- I want to know what kind of budget Tree Hill High has. My school NEVER had the money to create THAT kind of dance. The half Eifel Tower? COME ON!!
- Shut up Deb. Showing some concern. Right. Next stop: Mother of the year. No doubt.
- I think that’s what I’ll name my first album: “Better Than Crap.”
- NEVER, in their entire time in Tree Hill do I want to stab Felix and Anna more than when they take turns using “gay” and “lesbian” in order to insult Peyton. NOTHING about it is ok. The two of them were clearly raised by psycho bigots. I would have said raised by animals but I would never insult animals that way. They are just HORRIBLE human beings. I expect it from Felix but Anna? After Peyton went out of her way to make her feel welcome? WEAK AND DISGUSTING!
- Brooke is a bit harsh on Mouth. She totally takes him for granted, is oblivious to his feelings and then blames him for Felix’s crap. Not cool.
- Nathan and Haley fighting causes me actual, physical pain. It’s really unhealthy. For all of us. I may be too invested.
- I feel pretty bad for Peyton most of the night but it really comes to a head when a drink gets spilled on her mother’s amazing dress. I cannot even imagine. On top of everything else.
- GRRRRR!!!! The whole music vs. basketball camp thing is SO AGGRAVATING!!!!! Why is it a choice between the two? WHY do they keep lying to each other???? AAAAAHHHHH!!!!!
Best Bit: Nathan getting so excited about surprising Haley at the dance. He just wants everything to be perfect for her. He’s nearly giddy at the thought. “I actually have a pretty incredible night lined up for her.”
Ugh! Moment: Where do I start? When Nathan has to tell the carriage to leave without them. When he finds out that Haley lied. When they fight at the Beach House. It sucks. IT ALL SUCKS SO MUCH.
Fave Quote: Brooke: “Think of all the taffeta that had to die to make this thing. Ew.”
On My iPod: “When The Stars Go Blue” by Bethany Joy Galeotti and Tyler Hilton & “What You Waiting For?” by Gwen Stefani
2×10 – “Don’t Take Me for Granted”
Overview: Drama abounds after the Formal festivities. Peyton deals with hateful rumors and Nathan and Haley’s relationship continues to take hits.
- That “Formal on a Sunday” stuff is hilarious. And total Tree Hill nonsense. Like, what?
- “Ew. You two realize you’re related, right?… Double ew if Tutor Wife is here.” Brooke is HILARIOUS! And Nathan’s: “Hi, Brooke,” is the most adorable thing. Why is it so cute? Two meaningless words and the boy kills me. I must be damaged.
- Nathan demanding Haley to stop working with Chris? WRONG. Haley refusing? WRONG. Nathan turning around and walking out? WRONG!!!
- I probably should NOT find a threatening, violent, jealous Nathan so damn hot. But I do. I’m sorry. I can’t help it.
- Jules is trying to tell Keith to get out, away from Dan. Away from her. I wish he would have listened.
- Karen: “Oh, grow up. That tragic hero crap only works in the movies. And you know what they don’t show you after they fade out? The hero’s mother putting her foot up his ass.” It’s so great that Karen even scared the River Court boys into not letting Lucas play. Lady has powers.
- I absolutely LOVE the statement Peyton makes with her “DYKE” t-shirt. It is strong and brave and powerful and still so relevant. Makes me want to stand up and cheer.
- I was HORRIFIED when I first learned that Dan had something to do with Jules and her relationship with Keith. He is a truly despicable person.
- JAKE!!!!!! Have never been happier to see his face!!
- Nathan waiting with a romantic dinner for Haley while she goes to see Chris absolutely tears me apart.
Best Bit: Nathan and Haley’s little make up doesn’t fix the overall problems but I still feel it all over. My heart SWELLLS. Why can’t they always be that way?
Ugh! Moment: Chris kissing Haley. OMG SO BAD!!!!! SOOOOO BAD!!!!!!!!!
Fave Quote: Lucas: (voiceover) “Nathaniel Hawthorne once wrote: No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.”
On My iPod: “When It Comes” by Tyler Hilton, “Shoot Your Gun” by 22-20′s, “Sideways” by Citizen Cope & “23″ by Jimmy Eat World.